I am temporary working in California, but my home is in Chicago. Do I need to file California tax return? | VK Consulting LLC
Select Page


Employee compensation (salary) need to be tax by the state where services where performed. Thus California Non-resident tax return needs to be filled and taxes paid on income earned in California.

If you live in California, but work for a different state based company, your income is taxable by California state and you need to file California tax return for resident and include all your world-wide income.

Either way you look at it, if you earned money while in California, you need to file and pay state taxes. How much and what form to file, your tax professional will be able to determine.